Colic in babies is one of the most annoying babies problems there is a difference between normal crying in babies and crying because of colic.
Babies may normally cry for two hours a day but colic causes crying more than three hours a day three or more days a week .
It starts during the first month of birth and then it almost goes away on its own when an infant is about 3 to 4 months old. Colic happens suddenly with no specific reason or clear evidence of bowel disorder or in other organs in the abdomen.
Colic happens any time of the day but it usually occurs in the evening. Babies become more nervous, refuse to breastfeed , babies cry more than three hours with changes in expressions of the face and the colour of the skin.
WHAT CAUSES COLIC IN BABIES?
causes of colic are unknown. It’s difficult to count all the important factors. Causes may include:
- Undeveloped digestive system.
- food allergic (natural milk or dried milk).
- a developing nervous system.
- family stress , fear.
- entering air into the stomach during lactation may causes colic.
There is no clear treatment of colic. It can be treated with no need to visit a doctor. Here are many steps you can do to soothe your baby:
- make sure they aren’t hungry.
- change their position, using a curved bottle will help with upright feeding.
- hold them while you walk around.
- warm compresses .
- massage the stomach, intestines and back area. Sometimes babies get comfortable when gas passes or has w bowel movement.
- Take your baby for a car rid.
RED FLAGS , WHEN WE HAVE TO VISIT A DOCTOR ?
- when babies cry because of an accident( injury , fall ).
- vomiting (if it’s green , bloody or happens more than five times a day).
- changes in poop (constipation, diarrhea).
- unormal temperature ( normal range is between 36.1 and 38).
- unormal movements.
- Behavior changes.
Babies who had colic grow up normally, we had to be calm and know how to act and be aware of the common causes of colic in babies. Colic management is not difficult but sometimes it happens for serious reasons that shouldn’t be neglected.